Posts Tagged dungeon
Yesterday I began to try out another beautiful dungeon crawler!
I really like these kind of games 😀 Slaying tons of monsters, finding tons of treasures, exploring tons of rooms..!! You know what I mean, this feeling in there is just like on Christmas Eve *-*
And just when I though I would start writing about it, the game seemed to be over yet.
This sorcerer is the very endboss, I just encountered few minutes ago.
So yea, the game is over yet 😦
It’s kinda not surprising tho. The game was great but free:
The Enchanted Cave 2 on Kongregate btw.
I am waiting now the premium version of this, hopefully available on Steam soon, to see what else the game has to offer. Anyway, I had alot of fun with this 😀
Today I had the opportunity to try out Cubicle Quest.
The RPG game is sth between rl/modern age and medieval, based around Bob’s work and financial issues; trying to solve the mystery about the complicated Budget Magic, against the Alliance of Debt he makes up his way to the Dungeon of Work.
On his way he encounters many enemies, probably part of the Credit Card Army.
The battles are turn-based and very similar to Pokemon’s duels.
Fortunately there are also numerous NPCs, always ready to help Bob out with their advices!
(CAUTION: Don’t try this in RL! :v )
The Arsonist is pretty badass, with his knife, his red eyes and fire whereever he appears!
So let’s take a look on this little firebug:
And as usual I’ll show you his abilities!
- “A mystical essence surrounded by flames.”
This one has a BIG range! So you can actually play him like a hunter, but with magic, and even better – with fire magic!!! How awesome is that? :3
- “Summon fire, everywhere! You are immune to your own fire.”
Badass. All I have to say to this.
Never feel cold again! Never suffer of darkness again! Never burn yourself again while cooking!
This power is everything. It gives you might. It gives you the absolute control.
The world domination is yours!!! Muahahaha >D
Umm well.. Forget what I just said about world domination :v
Today I show you my favourite class in this game!
The Rogue :3
What do I like so much about him? Well…
- He does an incredible high damage! Just like that.
- Fast walking speed! (lame is just lame)
- He can “disappear” anytime and be safe (as long he got mana)
These surely are some awesome aspects, however he got some disadvantages too:
- You might have guessed it yet, but besides doing incredible high damage he also TAKES incredible high damage (or is it his HP pool? Whatever, he is damn squishy!)
- He got really short range. So besides being squishy you need to get near the enemies. Fortunately he got a rly useful skill on his second hand!
So let’s show these.
Here his “normal” attack.
“Four short daggers to the face.”
Looks simple, but is deadly.
“Cloak yourself while releasing a cloud of blinding smoke.”
So if this isn’t OP, I don’t know what is 😀 !
You can virtually become untouchable whenever you want – as long you got mana!
Also here a few screenshots with the Rogue! :]
So, there is another pixel dungeon game I really love to play! It has very similar graphics to Quest of Dungeons tho, as they are using the same sprite pack.
Overture covers 24(!) character classes btw! That’s sure alot, so from time to time I will just introduce one of them.
What else offers this game?
- Tons of Loot! And I mean TONS OF LOOT. That’s all shiny and glittering, makes awesome bling! sounds when picking up and you might feel like christmas, birthday and eastern just together!
- Bosses. There are Mini Bosses, there are Elite Monsters. There are Guardians and last but not least the Final Boss of each stage. Some are easier, others are quite hard and also require abit of luck, to be able to beat them!
- Dungeons are generated randomly.
- 16bit sounds and graphics!
- Random enchantments on weapons and items!
Now let’s begin today with a basic class: The Ranger.
Every class got 2 skills. One with the left mouse buttom, the other skill, which usually consumes mana, is on the right buttom.
The Ranger’s basic skill with the left mouse buttom:
- “Shoot a single arrow. Gain mana on hit.”
And on his right mouse buttom:
- “Fire a volley of sharpened arrows.
So I think this is pretty self explained. From own experience I can say, the Ranger has an awesome Attack Range and great damage with his skill on the right. However, he has no escape and is quite squishy. So better get them before they get to you!
I’ve played abit with him today, so I could show you some ingame screens:
interested in more infos? Here’s the official trailer :3
The game is available on Steam btw!
To begin with some veteran heroes. I don’t expect them to beat the Necromancer tho.
First Priest turning insane yet 😀
While my other Priestess prefers acting as an hero!
But the battle is hard..
So I decided to save them and sent them home.
Well, but that’s not it, yet. Still got some new people waiting in home town, ready to be sent to a doomed future *insane evil laugh*!!
So full of hope and expectations! Let’s go Novices!!
And here we have a… well, she’s masochist now :O
Holy mother of…. THIS is what I call a masochist!! 😀
And now she is dead. DEATHBLOW!!
(She loved the pain a way too much I guess D: )